The faculty of PHCA, fully trusting in the power of God, has set themselves to the task of teaching children and young adults that life must have a proper relationship with Almighty God. This teaching is concerned not only with the counsels of God revealed in His word, but also in the counsels of God revealed in His world. We desire to teach that all truth is God’s truth, and Jesus Christ is central in all truth; again not simply in the Word, but also in history, in geography, in music, and in all of creation.
From the educational philosophy of PHCA stems certain educational objectives:
FOR THE SPIRITUAL AND MORAL GROWTH OF THE STUDENTS, PHCA seeks:
- To lead the students into a personal, saving relationship with Christ as Savior and Lord;
- To develop a desire to know and to do the will of God;
- To teach the students consistent daily Christian living and service, equipping and encouraging them to be a positive witness for Christ;
- To develop a Biblical sense of right and wrong and teach the students how to overcome sin by faith and trust in Christ;
- To foster self-discipline in the students based upon respect for and reverence toward God and all authority; and
- To build in the students a God-consciousness that helps them develop a consistent Christian worldview by integrating all subjects with the Bible.
FOR THE STUDENTS’ PERSONAL AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT, PHCA aims:
- To develop a balanced personality based on proper understanding and acceptance of himself/herself as God made him/her and on the full development of his/her capabilities in Christ;
- To foster wholesome personal relationships through development of social skills based on the Christian concept of love;
- To prepare the students for wholesome and Christian use of leisure time;
- To show a realistic and Biblical view of life and work and provide skills for future endeavors in college and in a chosen occupation;
- To develop the proper attitudes, understanding, and skill needed to establish God-honoring homes;
- To promote fitness, maintenance, and skillful use of the body as the temple of God; and
- To impart the Biblical attitude toward material things and promote the wise use of them for God’s glory.
ACADEMICALLY, PHCA endeavors:
- To teach and encourage the formation of good study habits;
- To promote high academic standards and help the students gain a thorough comprehension and command of the fundamental processes used in written and oral communication with others;
- To teach the students how to do research and use a scientific method that includes the knowledge of God as the foundation of reason;
- To teach students how to apply a range of techniques effectively to solve problems.
- To develop creative and critical thinking skills and the proper use of Biblical criteria for evaluation;
- To promote good citizenship through developing an understanding and appreciation of our Christian and American heritage of freedom and human dignity; and
- To impart knowledge of the world and current affairs in all fields and relate them to God’s plan for mankind.
WORKING WITH THE HOMES FROM WHICH THE STUDENTS COME, PHCA desires:
- To cooperate closely with the parents in every phase of the students’ development, especially as it relates to the PHCA program; and
- To aid families in making their homes God-centered.